Quality and environment
Quality and the environment are two of the fundamental pillars of our business. Ahlmark Lines is certified in accordance with the ISO 9001 Quality Management System and the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System.
Unbeatable environmental benefits
Shipments of the highest quality with the least possible environmental impact is an overarching goal throughout our operations.
Conveying goods by ship is an energy-efficient mode of transport. The specific energy consumption for a normal-sized vessel is 0.05 kWh/tonne-kilometres, which can be compared with 0.26 kWh/tonne-kilometres for a truck and trailer.
We can also express it in a different way. On just 15 litres of low-sulphur fuel, we can transport 3,000 tonnes of cargo an entire kilometre. If 120 trucks with trailers transported the same amount of cargo the same distance, they would need 60 litres of fuel.
Moving freight transport from vehicle to ship also reduces congestion on our roads as well as the need for new road infrastructure. Of course, it also reduces traffic accidents and noise.
Ahlmark Lines strives to remain at the forefront when it comes to meeting demands from both the market and the government for efficient, safe and environmentally friendly transport. Specifically, this means that we will:
- follow the laws, ordinances and agreements in force within the transport sector.
- expertly operate our ships on the market so that they can be used in an efficient and thus also environmentally optimal manner.
- conserve resources in our daily operations.
Focus on meeting the high standards demanded by our customers
Ahlmark Lines focuses on meeting our customers’ requirements and expectations for safe, competitive and punctual maritime transport.
To achieve this, we work continuously with our Quality Policy, which means:
- that we operate first-class tonnage
- that we keep and fulfil our agreements
- well-trained and dedicated staff
- that we work with qualitative and reliable subcontractors for ship management and crew, agents, stevedoring companies and hauliers
- zero tolerance for short shipments and cargo damage
- continuously improving our service to customers with the right information and documentation
- ensuring that our staff knows our customers’ needs and requests
- that the expression “that’s not my responsibility” is not used by anyone at Ahlmark Lines
Print this page